Many people are intimidated by learning statistics, but A Gentle Introduction to Statistics Using SAS® Studio in the Cloud is here to help. Whether you need to perform statistical analysis for a project or, perhaps, for a course in education, psychology, sociology, economics, or any other field that requires basic statistical skills, this book teaches the fundamentals of statistics, from designing your experiment through calculating logistic regressions. Serving as an introduction to many common statistical tests and principles, it explains concepts in an intuitive way with little math and very few formulas. The book is full of examples demonstrating the use of SAS Studio’s easy point-and-click interface accessed with SAS OnDemand for Academics, an online delivery platform for teaching and learning statistical analysis that provides free access to SAS software via the cloud.
Topics included in this book are:
- How to access SAS OnDemand for Academics
- Descriptive statistics
- One-sample tests
- T tests (for independent or paired samples)
- One-way analysis of variance (ANOVA)
- N-way ANOVA
- Correlation analysis
- Simple and multiple linear regression
- Binary logistic regression
- Categorical data, including two-way tables and chi-square
- Power and sample size calculations
Questions are provided to test your knowledge and practice your skills.